Sous Molokhia June 11, 2007Posted by Aella in Food, Lebanon.
Since I have a wicked recipe for molokhia I feel the need to share it with the world.
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp of coriander powder
- 2 packs of frozen molokhia (thawed)
- 2 chicken stock cubes
- half a cup of hot water
- 1-2 chicken filets
- salt and pepper
- Fry the onions in some oil until soft. Add garlic and coriander and fry gently.
- Put the stock cubes in the hot water and stir until dissolved.
- Put onion mix into a sauce pan. Pour in thawed molokhia in sauce pan.
- Stir and add the water with stock cubes. Let is boil gently or simmer for about 10 mins. Add more water if too thick.
- Chop chicken in small pieces and add to molokhia.
- Let it simmer until chicken is cooked (about 5-10 min).
- Add salt and pepper to your likening.
Serve with vermicelli rice, lemon juice and chilli sauce. A nice addition is also crispy arabic bread broken into small bits (cook it in the micro until crispy) and finely chopped onions in vinegar.
Enjoy! It is so good 🙂 Just had a plate.